Directors and management of the Company are committed to developing
resources in an environmentally responsible manner and shall
conduct all activities in a manner consistent with the principles
of Sustainable Development.
Activities shall be planned and implemented in a sustainable
way to ensure impacts to the environment are either avoided
or kept to an acceptable level.
To meet these commitments Comet Ridge and its contractors
shall strive to:
- Adopt best practice management strategies and implement
continual improvement programs;
- Manage environmental matters as a critical business activity;
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- Delay or stop activities where effective environmental
mitigation controls are not in place to manage identified
- Apply a systematic approach to reduce impacts to the biological,
physical and social environments and ensure continuous improvement
in environmental performance;
- Where possible reduce energy use, emissions, waste and
- Require contractors to manage the environment in line
with this policy;
- Communicate openly with all employees, contractors, Government
and the wider community regarding environmental matters;
- Set targets and regularly monitor, audit and report performance
against those targets; and
- Where appropriate provide support to environmental research,
education and training to promote an awareness ethic within
Comet Ridge, its contractors and the wider community.
We are privileged to operate in some spectacular areas that
demand special attention to preserving the environment. We
seek to minimise surface impacts and also to limit visual
and audible impact on our neighbours and the wildlife.
The implementation and effectiveness of this environmental
policy is the responsibility of all Comet Ridge employees
and shall be reviewed annually by the management.
The Managing Director of Comet Ridge Limited is accountable
to the Board of Directors for ensuring this environmental
policy is implemented. This policy shall be updated every