Mahalo Far East Project
Mahalo Far East
- Comet Ridge 100% equity interest and operator.
- Total project area is 338km2.
- Permit awarded in May 2021.
- Coals are generally deeper and have notably higher natural gas content than the main Mahalo Gas Hub high productivity fairway, adding a very significant additional gas in place volume to Comet Ridge’s portfolio.
- Also contains conventional (sandstone) gas potential underneath the coals, for which Comet Ridge also holds 100% equity.
- Project funding options are being investigated to advance exploration and appraisal activities in this block given its size and multi-target plays.